Saturday, November 6, 2010

Here's something I forgot earlier...

After my last post regarding Dark Times, I realised that I failed to mention another significant modding release for Dragon Age that occurred recently.

The mod in question is none other than Baldur's Gate Redux, a project designed to re-imagine Baldur's Gate 2 within Dragon Age. This release of the mod covers the beginning of the game, allowing the player to explore and escape from Irenicus' Dungeon. I believe they have plans to try and do the entire game, which will be a mammoth undertaking!

The team have put in a lot of effort to recreate the experience of BG2 and to bring some of the benefits of Dragon Age's engine as well.  I was lucky enough to try it out as part of beta testing, and I was definitely impressed.  So if you're looking for a bit of nostalgia-inducing gaming, or want to get a feel for what the fuss over BG2 is all about, then go check it out now!

No comments:

Post a Comment