Saturday, August 14, 2010

Wait, I've heard that before...

I listen to a lot of soundtrack music while I'm doing modding, as it feels like I'm more in the right setting or mindset. Outside of modding is an entirely different story...

Anyway, I've heard a few tracks and have noticed some rather curious, uhhh, inspirations? Or perhaps they are homages to the original material. Here are some YouTube links for your perusal...

Even the comments on the second point out the obvious similarities.
Klaus Badelt: He's a Pirate vs Two Steps From Hell: Racketeers.

Another "homage" to the original Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack...
Klaus Badelt: Fog Bound starting around 1:00 vs Xardas Indoor Tower: Gothic 3 from around 0:15

Lastly, we have Jeremy Soule plagiarizing referencing his own work...
Mhenlo's Theme: Guild Wars from 1:00 vs Forest Day 1: Neverwinter Nights from 0:50.

I would also swear that Gwen's Theme sounds extremely similar to music from Oblivion. In particular from around 0:28-0:55, but I can't quite seem to find the equivalent passage from the latter's soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment