Sunday, November 6, 2016

Release Schedule

I realise I have been posting extremely infrequently here, but I have reached the point where I am going to commit to having a release of the Shattered War before the end of the year.

My posts have been infrequent not only due to me being able to spend less time on the project than I would like due to other personal commitments, but also because updates on bug fixes don't really seem as though they would be that interesting to people. I can assure you that they're not particularly interesting to write.

But more importantly, there will be a release coming within the next two months. In anticipation of this, I'd like to share some stats about the size and scope of The Shattered War:

  • Over 3500 lines of voiced dialogue across dozens of characters.
  • 30 completely new hand crafted areas to explore, including, villages, forests, ruins and mountains.
  • Lots of side-quests, each with multiple options for resolution.
  • Special hidden set-items that require puzzle solving to find.
  • Fully fleshed out companions, each with their own backstory and romance subplot.
  • An adventure of substantial size: a testing run takes me over 10 hours from start to finish, and I know exactly where I'm going and what I'm doing.
  • A main plot where you can't do everything, you must make choices and take sides, and this will affect how characters treat you and your ultimate ending.
Needless to say, this has been a massive undertaking, and processing voice acted lines and ironing out all the potential issues relating to the various choices the player can make has been a far more time consuming process than I expected. I've had some amazing voice acting from a bunch of people, and I'm grateful for all the talent that they have provided.  However, effectively creating an expansion for Dragon Age: Origins has been no small undertaking.

I should say that there are certain issues that I have been unable to rectify. For example, there are a few characters I was unable to find voice actors for, but I want to get a playable form of the adventure out for people. I can potentially revisit some of these issues if the release garners enough interest from people to help me solve such problems.

In short, stay tuned for more information in the near future, and I hope you'll be keen to play The Shattered War.


1 comment:

  1. I've been checking in from time to time to follow the progress of this project ever since I played Fate of a City way back. Looking forward to playing it when it gets released!

    ReplyDelete